The Nassau County Bar Association is now offering free consultations to residents of Nassau County who suffered damage to their homes and belongings as a result of Superstorm Sandy.
Meet one-on-one with volunteer attorneys to receive help in these areas:
– Homeowner, flood, property damage, automobile insurance claims
– FEMA assistance and grants
– Debt deferral
– Consumer Protection issues (contractors, etc.)
– Landlord-Tenant issues
– Assistance in dealing with lenders to avoid foreclosure
– Health/disability/personal injury/post-traumatic stress issues
– Pro bono Alternative Dispute Resolution (mediation and arbitration) for neighbor disputes arising from the storm.
SANDY SUPERSTORM CONSULTATIONS:
Monday, December 10 —– 10 a.m. to 12 noon and 3:30 to 6:00 p.m.
Monday, December 17 —– 10 a.m. to 12 noon and 3:30 to 6:00 p.m.
It is recommended to pre-register by telephone, 516-747-4070, for consultations. Anyone needing a consultation in a language other than English should make the request when calling to register. The Nassau County Bar Association is located on 15th Street at the corner of West Street, in Mineola.