Baldwin Union Free School District residents have access to selected local and metropolitan museums. Passes must be borrowed and returned just like a book. To make use of the program, individuals must have a valid Baldwin Public Library card in good standing and read and agree to abide by our Museum Pass Policy below. To reserve a museum pass, continue reading, visit or call Reference at 223-6228.
A reminder : Only ONE pass may be borrowed per family within a peak demand period, such as each of the months of July and August.
–American Airpower Museum at Republic Airport (open Thurs. – Sun. ONLY)
–Cradle of Aviation (open Tuesday – Sunday, and Mondays that fall on holidays and school breaks)
–Guggenheim Museum (closed Thursdays)
–Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum
–Long Island Children’s Museum (closed Mondays, Sept. – June)
–Museum of the City of New York
–Nassau County Museum of Art (closed Mondays)
–New York Botanical Garden (closed non-holiday Mondays – check their website). Please note that additional tickets are required for the Orchid Show. Contact us at Adult Reference for more information.
–New York Historical Society (closed Mondays)
–Old Bethpage Village Restoration (closed Mondays and Tuesdays) Re-opens for the season on April 2, 2014.
–Old Westbury Gardens (closed Tuesdays) Re-opens for the season on April 5, 2014.
Our passes may exclude some special museum events. Call or visit the museum website, or ask the Reference staff at 223-6228.
BALDWIN PUBLIC LIBRARY MUSEUM PASS POLICY
1. Museum passes may be borrowed by Baldwin Union Free School District residents over 18 years of age who have a Baldwin Public Library card in good standing (i.e. no outstanding fines). “Works in Baldwin” cardholders are not eligible for this program.
2. Most passes admit two adults and accompanying children. Passes are subject to availability and are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis. ONE pass may be borrowed per family per 14-day period. Only one pass may be borrowed within a peak demand period, such as a school vacation, a holiday week and the months of July and August.
3. Passes may be borrowed for 2 days. For example, a pass borrowed on Monday is due on Wednesday by the Library’s closing time. If the Library is closed, the pass, in its accompanying envelope, may be returned in the bookdrop at the Library entrance.
4. Pass may be picked up ONLY by the reserving cardholder in person at the Reference Desk.
5. If a reserved pass is not picked up by the Library’s closing time on the first day of your reservation, the reservation will be cancelled.
6. Museum passes may be reserved up to 30 days in advance. Library staff reserves the right to monitor usage to ensure fair access to the greatest number of patrons.
7. There is a $5.00 per day late charge for passes not returned on time. In the event that non-return of a pass necessitates the Library paying the museum admission fee for the next user, that entrance cost will be charged to the record of the user returning the pass late. Any user who loses a pass will be charged the replacement cost of that museum pass.
8. Borrowers are responsible for calling or checking the museum website directly for hours of operation, current exhibits, parking or directions. Each museum determines the rules and regulations governing the use of its museum pass. The museum pass may not provide admission to all exhibits at the museum.
TO RESERVE A PASS: Call or visit us at the Reference Desk at 223-6228, or click below to reserve online:
By clicking “I AGREE” below, you accept the Baldwin Public Library Museum
Pass Policy and may proceed to reserve a Museum Pass online.