Baldwin Union Free School District residents have access to selected local and metropolitan museums. Passes must be borrowed and returned just like a book. To make use of the program, individuals must be 18 years of age or older, have a valid Baldwin Public Library card in good standing, and read and agree to abide by our Museum Pass Policy below. To reserve a museum pass, continue reading, visit or call Reference at 223-6228.
We have tried to list days that these museums are closed, but the list is not comprehensive. Please confirm hours directly with the museum before visiting.
—American Airpower Museum at Republic Airport (open Thurs. – Sun. ONLY)
—Cradle of Aviation (open Tuesday – Sunday, and Mondays that fall on holidays and school breaks)
—Guggenheim Museum (closed Thursdays)
—Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum
—Long Island Children’s Museum (closed Mondays, Sept. – June)
—MoMA – Museum of Modern Art
—Museum of the City of New York
—Nassau County Museum of Art (closed Mondays)
—New York Botanical Garden (closed non-holiday Mondays – check their website)
—New York Historical Society (closed Mondays)
—Old Bethpage Village Restoration (closed Mon.-Tues.)
—Old Westbury Gardens (closed Tuesdays)
—Vanderbilt Mansion/Museum/Planetarium (hours vary; check website)
Our passes may exclude some special museum events. Call or visit the museum website, or ask the Reference staff at 223-6228.
BALDWIN PUBLIC LIBRARY MUSEUM PASS POLICY
1. Museum passes may be borrowed by Baldwin Union Free School District residents 18 years of age or older who have a Baldwin Public Library card in good standing. “Works in Baldwin” cardholders are not eligible for this program.
2. Most passes admit two adults and accompanying children. Passes are subject to availability and are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis. Each adult cardholder may borrow 2 passes in each 30 day period.
3. Passes will circulate for 1 night: borrow a pass one day, return it by closing on the next day the Library is open. If the Library is closed, the pass, in its accompanying envelope, may be returned in the bookdrop at the Library entrance.
4. Pass may be picked up ONLY by the reserving cardholder in person at the Reference Desk.
5. If a reserved pass is not picked up by the Library’s closing time on the first day of your reservation, the reservation will be cancelled.
6. Museum passes may be reserved up to 30 days in advance. Library staff reserves the right to monitor usage to ensure fair access to the greatest number of patrons.
7. There is a $5.00 per day late charge for passes not returned on time. In the event that non-return of a pass necessitates the Library paying the museum admission fee for the next user, that entrance cost will be charged to the record of the user returning the pass late. Any user who loses a pass will be charged the replacement cost of that museum pass.
8. Borrowers are responsible for calling or checking the museum website directly for hours of operation, current exhibits, parking or directions. Each museum determines the rules and regulations governing the use of its museum pass. The museum pass may not provide admission to all exhibits at the museum.
TO RESERVE A PASS: Call or visit us at the Reference Desk at 223-6228, or click below to reserve online:
By clicking “I AGREE” below, you accept the Baldwin Public Library Museum Pass Policy and may proceed to reserve a Museum Pass online.