Approved June 2006
Revised February 23, 2010
Revised February 16, 2011
Revised July 15, 2015
Revised January 17, 2018
1. Museum passes may be borrowed by Baldwin Union Free School District residents at least 18 years of age who have a Baldwin Public Library card in good standing. "Works in Baldwin" cardholders are not eligible for this program.
2. Most passes admit two adults and accompanying children. Passes are subject to availability and are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis. TWO passes may be borrowed per cardholder per 30 day period.
3. Print on Demand Passes can be printed from home or at the Library. This pass will only be valid for the date of visit listed on the confirmation page; the reservation should be made for the date the cardholder wishes to visit the museum. These passes MUST be presented in printed format – electronic versions (on smartphones or tablets) will not be accepted by museums. Print on Demand passes do not need to be returned, therefore there are no late fines for them.
4. Pick Up/Return Passes are checked out like other circulating library items and are picked up at the Adult Reference Desk. Passes are borrowed for ONE night. For example, a pass borrowed on Monday is due on Tuesday by the Library’s closing time. If the Library is closed, the pass, in its accompanying envelope, may be returned in the book drop at the Library’s entrance. Passes must be picked up by the cardholder. If a reserved pass is not picked up by the Library’s closing time, the reservation will be cancelled. These passes MUST be returned on time to avoid a fine.
5. Museum passes may be reserved up to 30 days in advance. Library staff reserves the right to monitor usage to ensure fair access to the greatest number of patrons.
6. There is a $5.00 per day late charge for Pick Up/ Return passes not returned on time. In the event that non-return of a pass necessitates the Library paying the museum admission fee for the next user, that entrance cost will be charged to the record of the user returning the pass late. Any user who loses a pass will be charged the replacement cost of that museum pass.
7. Borrowers are responsible for calling or checking the museum website directly for hours of operation, current exhibits, parking or directions. Each museum determines the rules and regulations governing the use of its museum pass. The museum pass may not provide admission to all exhibits at the museum.